2008 – 2009 School Year
Registration Procedures for Part-Time students
(Student must attend a Broward County Public School)
Step by Step Instructions to Register (Please print)
1. Go to http://vsa.flvs.net and click on NEW STUDENT (located in the center of page).
2. Follow the prompts to register.
3. Important: Under PHYSICAL SCHOOL, pick the public school you attend, and under Student ID, put the student’s Florida school ten-digit identification number (this can be found on a previous report card ).
4. After saving Personal and Demographic Information, click REQUEST NEW COURSES (on left)
5. Read ‘Important Course Request Information’ then click I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND.
6. Click SELECT FIRST COURSE, then choose a course under ‘Select Subject’ (using the pull-down menu) from the second list of courses (FLVS).
7. To choose a course, click SELECT (to the left of the course name). Choose from the second list of courses (titled FLVS).
* Unless you have approval from your guidance counselor to take a course with Broward Virtual School, you MUST choose Florida Virtual School.
- If you’ve successfully chosen a course, it will appear.
8. To add another course, click SELECT ANOTHER COURSE. When you are finished selecting all of your courses, click FINISHED SELECTING COURSES.
9. Follow the prompts for the Registration Course Survey.
10. Click CONTINUE COURSE REQUEST (at the top right of the page) read and then click FINISH.
11. Parent applies for Guardian Account and Approves classes.
- Click LOGOUT (on left)
- If you already have a Guardian Account, enter your User Name and Password.
- If you DO NOT have a guardian account click on APPLY FOR GUARDIAN ACCOUNT (Left side) and apply.
- Once in the guardian account, verify all information, and then electronically approves requested course(s).
Parent and student informs guidance counselor of completed registration. School guidance counselor verifies information online, reviews that course requested is appropriate for student, and electronically approves requested courses.
(The guidance counselor must call (407) 317-3326 or logon to email@example.com if they misplaced their Username and Password).
12. After registration is successfully completed:
- Your teacher will contact you a couple of days before the first day of class. Check your account daily by logging into: http://vsa.flvs.net.
- Please call 754-321-1100 if you have any questions regarding the registration process.
Online Registrations cannot be considered for processing unless:
1. Completion of online guardian approval process has taken place.
2. Completion of online guidance approval process has taken place.
The Welcome Call Video from Florida Virtual School is a 16 minute presentation for all students and parents/guardians to watch before beginning specific courses to try to answer questions that come up before activation. All students are required to view it. Please note that FLVS and Broward Virtual School have varying requirements, policies, and procedures. Your BVS instructor will elaborate on the specific differences during their welcome contact with you.
<<Watch Video Now>>